A good editing program is an absolute necessity for any photographer, even if you're just a beginner. In post-production, you can adjust tons of things like brightness, contrast, colors and also add a final, signature touch to your photographs. Adobe Lightroom gives you many possibilities to improve your photos, but editing each image manually is a very time-consuming process. How to make it simple and spend less time editing hundreds of photographs? Lightroom presets are the answer!
What are Lightroom Presets?
A simple way to describe Lightroom Presets is that they are pre-configured editing settings. They can be applied to your photos with just one click. Presets allow you to create cohesive style and aesthetic, change shadows, highlights, white balance, add tone overlay, grain, or increase the overall sharpness. You can also treat them as a editing base, and after applying a preset do some additional adjustments as well. This will save a lot of your valuable time and energy.
Adobe Lightroom allows you to create and save your own presets. You can also buy preset collections designed by professionals like LovePresets to give your images a particular look, such as Beige or Pastel Collection.
Why use Lightroom Presets?When it comes to editing photographs, they are real-time savers, especially if you have a busy life or you are on the go. Here are the main reason why you should start using presets:
- They allow you to create a cohesive style and aesthetic - You can apply one preset on a batch of photos to achieve consistent tones on all images in seconds. It's an excellent solution for Instagram bloggers to keep the feed attractive and cohesive.
- They are super easy to use - Even if you have little or no editing experience you will be able to edit your photos within seconds! After purchasing presets here you will receive a step-by-step instruction in pdf and you will see that presets do most of the work for you.
- You can customize the presets - After applying the preset you will be able to easily edit any setting you want. You can treat them as a starting point for post-production and adjust the settings to the lighting conditions, white balance and of course - your liking.
- Changing the look of the same image can be fun - Variety is just as important as consistency. Choose presets based on the time of day, the lighting, occasions, or even the type of scenery. There are seasonal presets for Summer, Autumn, Winter and presets designed for different occasions like Christmas or Travel. Changing a preset can completely alter the mood of an image so don’t be afraid to test different ones!
- Affordable — Last but not least, Lightroom presets are affordable, and considering how they speed up your editing process and how easy editing becomes with them, they are definitely worth the price. It’s just a one-time payment that will give you unlimited usage and lifetime access to the files. No subscrption is needed!